About Me

   Before I dive in to my fatherly duties and the classroom, I figured it might be helpful for you to know a little about myself first. I am in my tenth year of being a male elementary school teacher in Wisconsin, that's right a male elementary teacher! I surprise myself sometimes when I hear those words come out and the fact that I have survived for ten years is shocking!
   I come from a very close family and am the youngest with an older brother and sister. I have been married to my lovely wife for almost five years now. We have a son who will be four this summer and and a daughter who will soon be turning two. To say our lives are crazy and hectic is an understatement. My wife is a nurse and works 12 hour night shifts. For some reason hospitals do not close on weekends so every other weekend I am running daddy day care from home. All kidding aside, as with anything with kids there are trying days and days you wouldn't change for anything. I love being able to spend the time with kids while they are young and still want to spend time with me. Our son has been a bit of a challenge and I will share more of those stories as I continue to write more.
   I am currently in my tenth year of teaching elementary school. I taught 3rd grade for three years and have taught 4th grade for the last 6 years (my current position). I went on to receive my masters in administration, but am not sure I am ready to leave the classroom.  Teaching elementary school is a lot like being a parent. There are days I leave with a headache and wondering what I am doing, but then there are the moments when I wouldn't trade it for anything. The Ah ha moments kids have are priceless! I plan to share some of my classroom moments in this blog while also talking about how I gamified my classroom and some of the successes and failures of it.
   When I am not at school, because everyone knows teachers get the whole summer off (sarcasm). I love playing and watching sports. I like to be outside fishing, camping or doing anything really. I like to travel (if or when we have the money). I love spending time with with our families and getting together with friends. I hope you find some useful things in this blog and puts a smile on your face.
Welcome to LessonsWithDad!

Comments

  1. Awwwwwww, you and your family look so cute together

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Incident "Black Out"

Favorite Sound

How to Keep Toddlers Occupied on Road Trips?