In this section I will post a weekly question to reflect on. Please click on "Post a Comment" below and write your answer in the comment section in order to share your answer with our readers. I am excited to hear what you have to say!
As the night drew to an end and the sun started to rise, unfortunately my family and I would not do the same. My mom was eagerly waiting for her morning coffee partner. 6 o’clock came and went. 7 o’clock, 8 o’clock and finally 9 o’clock. I am usually an early riser, so my mom started to get worried. She walked over to our trailer to make sure things were OK. As she approached the trailer she noticed it was still locked up from the night before. She knocked on the door. Hmm dogs did not even bark, that’s unusual! For some reason, she just so happen to have a key to our trailer in her hand. She unlocked the patio door and opened it up. Everyone was still sleeping! Apparently, I was snoring, which I never do! She opened up and the dog’s cage. They staggered out and were barely able to walk. She immediately knew something was not right! As she approached the bed to check on us, she noticed I was foaming at the mouth. My mom started to swipe it away with her fingers. Sarah w...
Welcome to Lessons With Dad! I am a Father and an Educator. This blog is meant to share my successes and failures in both trying to raise two children at home while also being a full time elementary school teacher.
I think the most fun I had when gamifying my year long math class was making the badges. After figuring out what System I was going to use and my Theme the next step is creating or finding Badges that correlate with the concepts expected for mastery. If you have not checked out my earlier blogs about "What System" to choose or how to pick a "Theme" for your gamified classroom, please check them out. Once I settled on the Theme of my gamified class, I needed to incorporate some motivation for students. One of the easier motivational items you can include are badges. There are a couple of Badges I use to help motivate students in my game. In using the SBG ( Standards Based Grading ) spreadsheet there are Big Badges and there are Mini Badges. Mini Badges Mini Badges I use an SBG spreadsheet that I found and borrowed from Mr. Matera (covered in " What System .") He already had the spreadsheet all formatted and put together so all I needed to d...
Comments
Post a Comment